Reactivate your application
Please note: applications are only kept on file for one year. If you wish to reactivate your application more than one year after having been admitted, please follow the same procedure as before, up to and including submission of your completed file (you will need to re-submit all required elements, as your application will not have been kept on file).
Check the application deadlines for the following semester (for an application for the spring semester, ensure that the program of study is accepting applications) or the following year.
- Applications for the AUTUMN semester (September - January) open in January.
- Applications for the SPRING semester (February - August) open mid-September.
a. Once again, fill out the enrollment application form online, on our website;
b. Pay the registration fee online; failure to do so will result in your application not being processed
c. Print out two copies of the form, then date and sign them
d. Add a hand-written note to both forms that you are requesting the reactivation of your application (“Demande de réactivation de candidature”)
e. Update your application file and include the following :
- two photos;
- an updated CV that specifies what you have done during the semester or year that has passed;
- if you have completed your secondary studies in the meantime: copies of your diploma and transcripts (all documents from institutions outside Switzerland must be certified true copies)
- if you have completed your University studies in the meantime:
- copies of your diploma and transcripts (all documents from institutions outside Switzerland must be certified true copies)
- the certificate (not the letter) of exmatriculation if you have completed studies in a Swiss university or institution of higher education
- if you have started University studies in the meantime: copies of your diploma and transcripts (all documents from institutions outside Switzerland must be certified true copies)
- (optional) if you are applying for a bachelor’s degree program other than the one for which you were previously admitted, a completed equivalency request file
- if you are applying for a master’s degree program other than the one for which you were previously admitted, a completed master’s degree program application file
- IMPORTANT: if you are applying for a programme or to a faculty/school requiring a specific exam or admission procedure, you will have to pass the exam again or follow the ad hoc procedure again
f. Mail the 2 enrollment application forms and all the application file components as soon as possible, and in all cases by the deadline indicated online (date as per postmark) to the following address:
University of Geneva
Rue du Général Dufour 24
CH - 1211 Genève 4
As appropriate, your file will once again be submitted to the Faculty/Institute/Center/School.
Please note: if your application file was incomplete the first time, send us all required documents with your new application file. Incomplete files will not be considered.
If possible, use the same email address and password as for your previous enrollment application.
- If you have forgotten your password, click on "J'ai perdu mon mot de passe".
- If you are not sure which email address you used:
- send us a message (from any email address) to admissions.unige.ch indicating that you no longer remember which email address you used for your enrollment application;
- add a scanned copy of your passeport/ID