Full Professor and Chair of Cognitive Aging
- Cognitive development across the lifespan (prospective memory, working memory, executive functions)
- Cognitive and clinical neuroscience of aging and developmental disorders
- Plasticity of memory and executive functions
- Aging workforce
- Health behavior changes across the lifespan
Brief Curriculum Vitae
1991-1999: University studies in psychology, philosophy, ethics and theology in Vienna, Mainz and Albuquerque
2002: PhD in Psychology (University of Heidelberg) 2005: Habilitation in Psychology (University of Zurich)
2002: Postdoctoral Fellow: German Research Center on Ageing, Heidelberg
2002-2007: Assistant (Oberassistent) and Associate (Privatdozent) Professor of Psychology, University of Zurich
2007-2011: Full Professor (W3) of Psychology at The Dresden University of Technology, Dresden, Germany; Chair of Developmental Psychology, Director of the Institute of Educational and Developmental Psychology
Since 2011: Full Professor of Psychology at the University of Geneva; Chair of Cognitive Aging
Since 2016: Director of the Centre Interfacultaire de Gérontologie et d'études de vulnérabilités (CIGEV)
- Distinguished Visiting Research Fellowship. School of Psychology, Australian Catholic University, Melbourne, Australia
- Vontobel Award for Research on Aging
- Honorary Lectureship Award at the University of the Third Age, University of Frankfurt
- Kliegel, M., Ballhausen, N., Hering, A., Ihle, A., Schnitzspahn, K., & Zuber, S. (2016). Prospective memory in older adults: Where we are now, and what is next. Gerontology, 62, 459-466.
- Mahy, C.E.V., Moses, L.J. & Kliegel, M. (2014). The development of prospective memory in children: An executive framework. Developmental Review, 34, 305-326.
- Brom, S. & Kliegel, M. (2014). Improving everyday prospective memory performance in older adults: Comparing cognitive process and strategy training. Psychology and Aging, 29, 744-755.
- Schnitzspahn, K., Thorley, C., Phillips, L., Voigt, B., Threadgold, E., Hammond, E.R., Mustafa, B., & Kliegel, M. (2014). Changes in Attentional Control Drive Mood Effects on Time-Based Prospective Memory in Young but not Older Adults. Psychology and Aging, 29, 264-270.
- Zinke, K. Zeintl, M., Rose, N.S., Putzmann, J., Pydde, A., & Kliegel, M. (2014). Working Memory Training and Transfer in Older Adults: Effects of Age, Baseline Performance, and Training Gains. Developmental Psychology, 50, 304-315.
- Ihle, A., Hering, A., Mahy, C.E.V., Bisiacchi, P.S., & Kliegel, M. (2013). Adult age differences, response management, and cue focality in event-based prospective memory: A meta-analysis on the role of task order specificity. Psychology and Aging, 28, 714-720.
- Schnitzspahn, K.M., Stahl, C., Zeintl, M., Kaller, C.P., & Kliegel, M. (2013). The role of shifting, updating, and inhibition in prospective memory performance in young and older adults. Developmental Psychology, 49, 1544-1553.