Welcome to the Institute F.-A. Forel
- The International Symposium on Solubility Phenomena and Related Equilibrium Processes (ISSP)
- Nature Scientific Data : study and phytoplancton database
- "Management and treatment of water" and "Contaminated sites and bio- remediation"
- New publication in "Environmental Science & Technology."
- New H2020 Marie-Curie ITN « MANTEL» Management of Climatic Extreme Events in Lakes and Reservoirs for the Protection of Ecosystem
- Marie Heim-Vögtlin grant for Dr. Giulia Cheloni
- "Dans les abysses du Léman"
The Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary educational and research core in environmental natural sciences of the Faculty of sciences, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences.Our mission is the creation of new knowledge and training of students to address the multidisciplinary nature and the complexities of environmental issues today and for the future.
The Institute F. A. Forel offers teaching and carries out research in the areas of:
Our innovative research and teaching programs are developed in collaboration with the inter-faculty Institute for Environmental Sciences. Our Institute also has an active outreach policy and offer a large spectrum of services to the community.