Welcome to the Department F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences
- Small particles - large implications?
- Transcriptomic is promising as an early-warning tool to assess water quality degradation
- Biofilms reveal the pollution released by a chlor-alkali plant
- A new project has been officially launched in partnership with Services Industriels de Genève
- Congratulations to Mrs Amandine Laffite, PhD student at the Department F.-A. Forel, for obtaining SETAC Young Scientist Award 2017
- Climate change and antibiotic resistant bacteria in aquatic environment
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.
Our mission is the creation of new knowledge and training of students
to address the complexity and multidisciplinary nature of environmental
issues that we face today and will face in the future. The Department
F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences carries out research
and offers teaching and in the areas of:
Our innovative research and teaching programs are developed in collaboration with the inter-faculty Institute for Environmental Sciences. DEFSE also has an active outreach policy and offers a large spectrum of services to society.