Welcome to the Department F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences
- Natural iron input scenarios are required to project future biological CO2 sequestration by the Southern Ocean
- Thrilled to present "Antarctica on The Edge"; a special edition of earthrise relating the ACE expedition on TV Al Jazeera by Tarek Bazley.
- CAS - Geomatics for a Sustainable Environment: Application deadline extended to 14 July 2017
- New project: SWATCH21, SNF research project on Swiss rivers diversity and ecosystem services
- Chaoborus are shown to have a negative impact on lake ecology
- Outputs of the enviroGRIDS project on the Black Sea catchment
- Small particles - large implications?
- Transcriptomic is promising as an early-warning tool to assess water quality degradation
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.
Our mission is the creation of new knowledge and training of students
to address the complexity and multidisciplinary nature of environmental
issues that we face today and will face in the future. The Department
F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences carries out research
and offers teaching and in the areas of:
Our innovative research and teaching programs are developed in collaboration with the inter-faculty Institute for Environmental Sciences. DEFSE also has an active outreach policy and offers a large spectrum of services to society.