Welcome to the Institute F.-A. Forel
- "Dans les abysses du Léman"
- Two new publications on the behaviour of engineering nanoparticles in natural water
- Glacial landscapes of the Val d’Hérens (Valais, Switzerland) available in 3 languages (EN, DE & FR)
- Antarctic Circumpolar Expedition - a new project to investigate marine viruses and bacteria. The project was announced in Bern on the 18th April in the same time as the launch of the Swiss Polar Institute.
- The role of iron and organic matter under investigation in the Southern Ocean- The ProIron team is about to finish their experiments on-board the RV Polarstern.
The Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary educational and research core in environmental natural sciences of the Faculty of sciences, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences.Our mission is the creation of new knowledge and training of students to address the multidisciplinary nature and the complexities of environmental issues today and for the future.
The Institute F. A. Forel offers teaching and carries out research in the areas of:
Our innovative research and teaching programs are developed in collaboration with the inter-faculty Institute for Environmental Sciences. Our Institute also has an active outreach policy and offer a large spectrum of services to the community.