Welcome to the Department F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences
- ERA-PLANET : Kick-Off Meeting in Rome from 9 to 11 October
- Science and policy interface: mercury emissions, releases & effects in the environment
- CUSO, 20-22 September 2017, Prevalence of antibiotic resistance genes in clinical and environmental populations
- Cellular toxicity pathways of mercury
- Natural iron input scenarios are required to project future biological CO2 sequestration by the Southern Ocean
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.
Our mission is the creation of new knowledge and training of students
to address the complexity and multidisciplinary nature of environmental
issues that we face today and will face in the future. The Department
F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences carries out research
and offers teaching and in the areas of:
Our innovative research and teaching programs are developed in collaboration with the inter-faculty Institute for Environmental Sciences. DEFSE also has an active outreach policy and offers a large spectrum of services to society.