Welcome to the Institute F.-A. Forel
- New H2020 Marie-Curie ITN « MANTEL» Management of Climatic Extreme Events in Lakes and Reservoirs for the Protection of Ecosystem
- Tuesday, June 28st seminar "Metal cycling in the changing North"
- "Dans les abysses du Léman"
- Glacial landscapes of the Val d’Hérens (Valais, Switzerland) available in 3 languages (EN, DE & FR)
- Prof. Christel Hassler invited as Discussion Leader on the 1st Gordon Conference on Marine Biogeochemistry (Hong-Kong, June 2016) on the topic "Iron and other Trace Metals: Roles in Carbon Pumps"
The Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary educational and research core in environmental natural sciences of the Faculty of sciences, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences.Our mission is the creation of new knowledge and training of students to address the multidisciplinary nature and the complexities of environmental issues today and for the future.
The Institute F. A. Forel offers teaching and carries out research in the areas of:
Our innovative research and teaching programs are developed in collaboration with the inter-faculty Institute for Environmental Sciences. Our Institute also has an active outreach policy and offer a large spectrum of services to the community.