Welcome to the Department F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences
- A voir le "replay" de la RTS1, "le fjord du Léman" un documentaire du réalisateur Philippe Boucher, jusqu'à vendredi 30.12.2016
- The Antarctic Circumnavigation Expedition (ACE) expedition started its 1st leg on 20.12.2016
- Pro-oxidant effects of nano-TiO2 in lake water
- The prestigious l’Oréal-UNESCO 2016 grant awarded to Dr Fatehah Mohd Omar
- Metal nanoparticles in lake water research on RTS 19h30
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.
Our mission is the creation of new knowledge and training of students
to address the complexity and multidisciplinary nature of environmental
issues that we face today and will face in the future. The Department
F.-A. Forel for environmental and aquatic sciences carries out research
and offers teaching and in the areas of:
Our innovative research and teaching programs are developed in collaboration with the inter-faculty Institute for Environmental Sciences. DEFSE also has an active outreach policy and offers a large spectrum of services to society.