Please fill in the online application form
Frequently asked questions
Before applying online, you need to prepare the following ahead: a valid web links (LinkedIn, Dropbox, Google Drive or other) to :
- your CV
- a cover letter (maximum of 500 words)
- a reference letter (professor, employer...etc)
Be careful not to provide a protected url (intranet weblink) but a public url.
Geneva Summer Schools applications are on a rolling basis, as they are received. We aim to respond to you in the earliest possible deadline. This means that a course may fill up before the application deadline. We encourage you to apply early to secure a place !
Yes, you can apply to multiple courses, especially if they are at different dates. You must complete an online application for each course. Please note that you will not be able to take more than one course at the same time, as the course workload is very intense.
Depending on your nationality, you need a visa to travel to Switzerland. You may find information about the visa requirement on the website of the State Secretariat for Migration. All visa procedures remain in the participant's responsibility and must be arranged prior to arriving in Geneva.
All courses are taught in English.
No, we don’t require any official language proficiency proof. However, the Course Director reserves the right to refuse a candidate if the necessary command of English is not guaranteed.
Unfortunately, our summer schools are not open to high school students.
Payment and Enrolment
The tuition must be paid within the time frame determined by the Course Director and communicated in Admissions Email, and no later than one month prior to the course start date. If payment is not made in due time, Geneva Summer Schools reserves the right to cancel the admission and attribute the place to another candidate.
- The Geneva Summer Schools reserves the right to cancel a course for whatever reason. The cancellation will be communicated on the website and by email no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
- Tuition payment (excluding an administrative fee of CHF 100) will be refunded.
- Travel and accommodation fees will not be refunded by the Geneva Summer Schools and are the sole responsibility of the participants, who should keep this in mind when making travel and/or accommodation arrangements.
For further information, please read thoroughly through our http://www5.unige.ch/genevasummerschools/index.php?cID=233regulation.
We understand your financial concerns but unfortunately our hands are tied. As we are a self-financed and non-profit programme, we cannot offer you anything else than partially waive your tuition fees. You’ll have to pay yourself for accommodation, food, your flight and any other personal expenses during your stay in Geneva. We highly recommend asking for extra funds at your home university, private foundations in the field of higher education, the Swiss Embassy or even EU and UN agencies in your home country.
I am a student at the Graduate Institute (Geneva). Do I get the same discount than a University of Geneva student?
Being a self-financed program, we cannot offer the same price for Graduate Institute students than for UNIGE students. Only students following a PhD, MA or BA program at UNIGE will get a special price. However, when registering online, you can apply for a partial or full tuition waiver. But please note that preference is usually given to participants coming from developing countries or students with a very low budget.
Geneva Summer Schools can help facilitate your search for accommodation for your programme. We can provide you with a list of housing options and connect you with other admitted students also looking for accommodation.Please visit our accommodation page, where we have put together a long list of links offering affordable short-term housing options.
- Each summer school will indicate its equivalence in ECTS credits in its description. Participants will be provided with a Certificate of Completion of the course (if they satisfy attendance and exam requirements). It is the participant’s responsibility to verify the validity of the course and validate it at their home university.
- Geneva Summer Schools will not be held responsible if the credits cannot be validated at the home institution, as it is the participant's direct responsibility to secure this approval. Please see our Regulations for more information.
- Yes, the Geneva Summer Schools is part of the University of Geneva (UNIGE). They are directed by the International Affairs in relation with various Faculties of the University. Please note that the Geneva Summer Schools courses are not official UNIGE courses, and you will not receive an official UNIGE transcript.
Geneva Summer Schools faculty are professors from the University of Geneva and international institutions, as well as invited professors from prestigious Universities arround the world.
We welcome proposals for new courses through the Geneva Summer Schools ! If you have an idea for a summer course, or for a collaborative course with the University of Geneva, please contact us at email@example.com