Master of Science in Statistics
The Master in Statistics focuses on data analysis, methodological problem-solving in a range of disciplines, various types of statistics software or mathematical statistics. The program is open not only to experts who wish to improve their theoretical skills in statistical research, but also to non-experts who wish to develop their data analysis skills in an area of specialization acquired at the Bachelor level.
The Master of Science in Statistics opens doors to opportunities in various industries: in agrolimentaire industry, international organizations, in (cantonal and federal) statistics offices, in financial companies, biostatistics (in the pharmaceutical industry) and in many other areas. Finally, the continuation of studies with a doctorate is also an option available to students who have completed the master.
Co-requisites (up to 30 credits)
Depending on the previous education of the candidate, part or all of the above complemetary program can be required at the admission as co-requisites :
- Mathematics I (S110001CR) - Dr. H. Bodory - Fall semester (6 ECTS)
- Numerical Methods II (S210007CR) - Dr. I. Roko - Fall semester (6 ECTS)
- Statistical Modelling (S201008CR) - Dr. M.-O. Boldi - Fall semester (6ECTS)
- Statistics I (S210016CR) - Prof. E. Cantoni - Fall semester (6 ECTS)
- Probability and Statistics II (S203031CR) - Prof. E. Ronchetti - Fall semester (6 ECTS)