Research Funds and Grants
The RCS members have been active in seeking outside funding for research projects. Many of our Ph. D. students are financed through these projects. The main source of financial support is the Swiss National Science Foundation, but other sources have also been used.
Current Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) projects:
- Robust Estimation of Time Dependent Processes with Application to Brain Imaging Data, Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser.
- Robust Prediction and Model Choice in Mixed Linear Models for the Analysis of Social Sciences Data, Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser.
- Effects of home care policy on health care use in Switzerland, France Weaver (with Eva Cantoni as expert)
Other current projects:
- Dependent Risk and Applications, MCyT/ANEP, J.M. Sarabia Alegria & J.M. Rodriguez Poo (with Stefan Sperlich as co-applicant)
- Nonparametric Inference: modeling, estimation, testing and applications, MCyT/ANEP, W. Gonzalez Manteiga (with Stefan Sperlich as co-applicant)
- Advancements to State-Space Models (SSMs) for Fisheries Science, Canadian Statistical Sciences Institute (CANSSI), Joanna Mills Flemming (with Eva Cantoni as co-applicant)
- Computationally-intensive methods for the robust analysis of non-standard data (CRoNoS), European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST), Erricos Kontoghiorghes (with Elvezio Ronchetti and Eva Cantoni)
- Modelling of Reciprocal Influences of Neuronal Activity Between Brain Regions Involved in Emotional Processing, Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser (with Didier Grandjean and Olivier Renaud), CADMOS grant, University of Geneva.
- FOR 916: Quantifying Confidence for Computer-Intensive Classifiers, Lutz Dümbgen (with Stefan Sperlich as co-applicant).
- FOR 916: Regularization with l1 Penalties, Sara van de Geer (with Stefan Sperlich as co-applicant).
- Generalized Linear Latent Variable and Mixed Models: Estimation, Inference and Analysis Of Data In The Social Science, Maria-Pia Victoria-Feser.
- Finite Sample Properties of Statistical Procedures, Sciex Program, Elvezio Ronchetti.
- Approaches to Robustness of Structured Models in Econometrics : Theory and Applications, Stefan Sperlich and Elvezio Ronchetti.