Registration to the Master of Science in Global Health
Informations concerning the Master in Global Health
You can visit the following page for more information :
The registration period: December 1st 2017 to February 28th 2018
Make sure you have all the required documents for the registration before sending in your application.
Please fill this form in one session.
INCOMPLETE CANDIDACIES CANNOT BE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT
Important CommunicationsCandidates must register both with the Global Studies Institute by filling out the online form and with the University of Geneva Admissions office in the same process, in order to validate registration with both services.
The registration will only be taken into consideration if the student fills the registration conditions of the University of Geneva. Students will have to register with the university between 1 January 2018 and 28 February 2018. Please check specific conditions on: http://www.unige.ch/admissions/sinscrire/immatenglish/
Regarding the Master of Science in Global Health, students must be proficient in English. With the exception of students whose mother tongue is English or who have successfully followed at least one year of secondary or tertiary (University level) education in English, all applicants must satisfy one of the following requirements (minimal score):
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-test 100, Paper-test 600, Computer based test 250
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 7.0
- Certificate of Proficiency in English of the University of Cambridge (CPE): A-B-C
- Cambridge Advanced English (CAE): A-B
Documents for the registration :
- The Admissions form to the Master of Science in Global Health completed and signed
- A motivation letter
- University diplomas (Bachelor, Master, Licence, diplomas…)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A detailed official transcript of grades (University)
- 1 proof of a high level in English
- Two signed letters of recommendations from university professors* or signed professional letters of recommendations
- One recent passport portrait
* The students of the Bachelor program’s in International Relations (BARI) are exempted from providing the 2 reference letters from the University of Geneva teachers.
FAQ Master in Global Health Candidacies-Applicants
Is it CHF 500 for all students, Swiss and International?
- Yes, it is the same fee per semester for all Swiss and International students.
Are there other costs associated with the program?
- No, there are no other costs directly associated with the program.
What is the estimated cost of living for a student in Geneva?
- We highly recommend planning for at least CHF 1,500-2,000 per month. Switzerland is expensive and Geneva is also expensive especially for rent, even if you can try to find solutions such as co-renting to lower the costs.
Are there any scholarships for the program?
- We don’t have scholarships directly linked to the program but you may wish to check out the university database (base de données), which unfortunately is in French only: https://www.unige.ch/rectorat/pbs/
- Or contact the UNIGE social services https://www.unige.ch/dife/sante-social/aides-financieres/bourses/bourses-sociales
- You may also check if you are eligible for the Swiss excellence scholarships: https://www.sbfi.admin.ch/sbfi/en/home/bildung/scholarships-and-grants/swiss-government-excellence-scholarships-for-foreign-scholars-an.html
How do my references send in their letters of recommendation?
- You submit them as scanned documents in the candidacy form. If your references do not wish to share this document with you and send it in directly. Please send it to the program student counsellor (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Why do I have to fill out more than one application form?
- As mentioned in the submissions page there are three steps to submit your candidacy.
- The admissions form to the Master of Science in Global Health, serves as checklist and can be downloaded on the first page and here before you begin the process.
- The candidacy form transmits your candidacy to the Master program evaluation committee.
- The registration with the University of Geneva is required by the University for your candidacy to be valid and is a separate process from the candidacy submission form. It must also be done and the CHF 65 paid (for all non-Swiss university candidates), in order for your candidacy to be accepted. http://www.unige.ch/admissions/sinscrire/immatenglish/
- The following links are found on the candidacy submission front-page: https://www.unige.ch/gsi/fr/futurs-etudiants/inscription-master-in-global-health/
I have already completed my higher education in English for more than one year; do I still have to provide an English proficiency certificate?
- No, that is sufficient; you do not need to submit an English proficiency certificate.
I don’t have an English proficiency certificate and won’t be able to submit it before the deadline, what can I do?
- Should you be accepted into the program, provide a letter stating your intention to submit the proficiency certificate before the start of classes.
How long should the motivational letter be?
- Although there is no page limit, typically a page to page and half is sufficient. Concisely explain how the program integrates into your current achievements and overall professional development.
When can we expect to have an official decision for the application?
- Typically between March and April. However, it depends on the number of applicants each year.
Where can I find the course listings and descriptions for the first two semesters? (the third semester courses are selected by the student depending on his/her interest focus area?
- Please find the complete current course descriptions for the program with this link: http://wadme.unige.ch:3149/pls/opprg/w_rech_cours.debut you will need to follow the following links to find the course descriptions for the first two semesters:
[Recherche par Faculté, école, institut]then[Global Studies Institute (GSI)]and finally[Etudes en : Master of Science in Global Health -> Rechercher]
What type of internships will the program offer?
- There are is no specific internship positions offered directly by the program. However, the opportunity to network with multiple organizations is a major part of the program structure. Typically, students in the previous cohorts have interned with WHO, Global Fund, GAVI, FIND, Swiss TPH, The Agha Khan Foundation, MSF, HUG, and other organizations and research labs.
How can I apply for the dual Master program with the Graduate institute?
- Candidates for the dual Master program with the Graduate Institute must first be accepted either in the Global Health Master program of the UNIGE, or the International Affairs/Development studies of the Graduate Institute. The candidates to the dual Master will then submit their request for this dual program to their initial host institution during their first year of study. http://graduateinstitute.ch/fr/home/study/programmes-conjoints-bama/Dual-Master-in-Global-Health.html
- For all questions pertaining to matriculation, please contact the admissions office directly
- Candidates who finish their studies after the indicated dates, fill their registration under reserve of completion of their qualifying diploma.
- Documents that weren’t written in French, German, Italian or English will be accompanied by an official translation.
- Candidates to more than one program, submit their candidacy to each one separately.
(Master in Global Health Student Counsellor)
Institut de Santé Globale de l’Université de Genève
Campus Biotech – Chemin des Mines 9
1202 Genève 20
- Reception by appointement