The International Relations are a subdivision of the Rectorate of the University of Geneva (UNIGE), whose missions are the following:
- develop, plan and put in place the international politics and internationalization of the UNIGE
- be in charge of strategic missions on behalf of the Rectorate and in some cases on the formers’ suggestions, on behalf of the university
- negotiate and run the implementation of strategic collaborations and institutional collaboration agreements with partners of the academic world as well as international organisations and non-governmental organisations.
- ensure the University’s exchange programme
- develop, elaborate and put in place the international promotion strategy of the UNIGE (recruitment, visibility)
- represent the UNIGE within networks of which the UNIGE is a member (such as COIMBRA, LERU, etc) during meetings in Switzerland and at the international level as well as when receiving delegations.
- conceptualize and run the implementation of new programs (such as the Geneva Summer Schools, GenevaScholars, etc)