Bioimaging Core Facility
The Bioimaging core facility is specialized in photon microscopy. Its goal is to help users from experimental design & acquisitions to image processing (treatment and quantification). In addition to the maintenance of the resources of the platform and the users' training, we are also involved in the organization of workshops about ImageJ and other imaging softwares.
The facility can also help you with data presentation for oral presentation or publication (manipulation of file formats, animations, ...).
The facility is accessible to internal users (University of Geneva) but also to external users (industry & academics). For external users, please contact us at : email@example.com
Microscopes and PC workstations housed in our facility are available 24/24 hours, 7/7 days for trained users, with consultation, training and support services available from 8.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m. (Monday through Friday). Please contact directly François or Olivier.
In term of applications, our microscopes allow to study the :
- Localization between different proteins or between diverse biological structures (co-localization, structure/ morphology, large image, 3D rendering, correlative microscopy ...);
- Dynamics of live cells and the movement of intracellular structures (cell tracking, multi-dimensional time-lapse acquisitions, FRAP experiments, Ca2+ imaging, photoactivation, ...);
- Interactions between cells or different proteins (FRET, ...).
- Only Monday (from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.) (for Sergei).
- From Monday to Friday (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) (for Nicolas).
In term of applications, our softwares and skills in image treatment allow to quantify automatically a large diversity of images (co-localization, counting, fluorescence intensity measurements, ...).