Department of Pathology and Immunology-School of Medicine - CMU
Contribution of macroautophagy to the immune response during autoimmune diseases
We have previously identified the major role of macroautophagy in regulating the innate and adaptive immune response to viral infections such as Influenza A virus.
Our group will be involved in studying how macroautophagy can influence the initiation and outcome of the immune response during autoimmune diseases with a focus on rheumatological diseases. Using both mice models and clinical samples we aim to analyse macroautophagy contribution to the deregulated immune response during these diseases.
The aim of our research is to find which steps of the immune response are controlled by autophagy and if manipulating the pathway can influence the course of these diseases.
- Checking the garbage bin for problems in the house or how autophagy assists in antigen presentation to the immune system. Romao S, Gannage M, Munz C. Semin Cancer Biol. 2013 Oct: 23 (5):391-396
- Antigen processing for MHC presentation via macroautophagy. Gannage M, da Silva RB, Münz C. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;960:473-88
- MHC presentation via autophagy and how viruses escape from it. Gannagé M, Münz C. Semin Immunopathol. 2010 Dec;32(4):373-81.
- Targeting Beclin 1 for viral subversion of macroautophagy. Gannagé M, Rämer PC, Münz C. Autophagy. 2010 Jan;6(1):166-7
- Matrix protein 2 of influenza A virus blocks autophagosome fusion with lysosomes. Gannagé M, Dormann D, Albrecht R, Dengjel J, Torossi T, Rämer PC, Lee M, Strowig T, Arrey F, Conenello G, Pypaert M, Andersen J, García-Sastre A, Münz C Cell Host Microbe. 2009 Oct 22;6(4):367-80
- Autophagy in MHC class II presentation of endogenous antigens. Gannagé M, Münz C. Curr Top Microbiol Immunol. 2009;335:123-40. Review.
- Monitoring macroautophagy by major histocompatibility complex class II presentation of targeted antigens. Gannagé M, Münz C. Methods Enzymol. 2009;452:403-21.
- Induction of NKG2D Ligands by Gamma Radiation and Tumor Necrosis Factor-alpha may Participate in the Tissue Damage During Acute Graft-Versus-Host Disease. Gannagé M, Buzyn A, Bogiatzi SI, Lambert M, Soumelis V, Dal Cortivo L, Cavazzana-Calvo M, Brousse N, Caillat-Zucman S. Transplantation. 2008 Mar 27;85(6):911-915.
- Antigen Crosspresentation by Human Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cells. Hoeffel G, Ripoche AC, Matheoud D, Nascimbeni M, Escriou N, Lebon P, Heshmati F, Guillet JG, Gannagé M, Caillat-Zucman S, Casartelli N, Schwartz O, De la Salle H, Hanau D, Hosmalin A, Marañón C. Immunity. 2007 Sep 12;
- Differences in the frequency and function of HHV8-specific CD8 T cells between asymptomatic HHV8 infection and Kaposi sarcoma. M Gannage, M Lambert, A Karras, MAbel, C Legendre, D Kerob, FAgbalika , PM Girard, C Lebbe and S Caillat-Zucman. Blood. 2006 Dec 1;108(12):3871-80
- Ex vivo characterization of multiepitopic tumor-specific CD8 T cells in patients with chronic myeloid leukemia: implications for vaccine development and adoptive cellular immunotherapy. M Gannagé, , M Abel, AS Michallet, S Delluc, M Lambert, S Giraudier, R Kratzer, G Niedermann, L Saveanu, F Guilhot, L Camoin, B Varet, A Buzyn and S Caillat-Zucman J Immunol. 2005 Jun 15;174(12): 8210-8.
- Impact of HLA matching on outcome after stem cell transplantation study in children with inherited diseases : a single center comparative analysisi of genoidentical, haploidentical or unrelated donors. S Caillat-Zucman, F Ledeist, E Haddad, M Gannagé, A Fischer and M Cavazzana-Calvo Bone Marrow transplantation- 2004 ;33(11) :1089-95
- Feto-maternal michrochimerism in connective tissue diseases M Gannagé, Z Amoura, O Lantz, JC Piette, and S Caillat-Zucman. European Journal of Immunology 2002;.32 :3405-3413