Workshop 5: Higher Education and Protection, organized by InZone
Location: St-Ours 019
- What are the major issues facing migrant and refugee youth globally, particularly their needs with respect to higher education?
- What are advocacy points to support prioritization of higher education programs for refugees?
- What is the role of academic institutions in higher education in emergencies?
- What is the role of humanitarian organisations and NGOs in higher education in emergencies?
Speakers (please click on the speaker to read the bio):
- Jean-Dominique Vassalli, former Rector, University of Geneva
- Barbara Moser-Mercer, Director of InZone, University of Geneva
- Anton Mangstl, Former Director for International Relations, German-Jordanian University
- Christof Muehlberg, German-Jordanian University, Amman, Jordan
- Josephine Gitome, Kenyatta University
- Kenneth King, Norrag, University of Edinburgh
- Ita Sheehy, UNHCR headquarters, Geneva
- Tatjana Klein, Education Officer, UNHCR, Amman, Jordan
- Sally Ward, British Council
- Keith Watenpaugh, University of California, Davis
Moderators: Erin Hayba and Emma Bonar, PhD Assistants, InZone, University of Geneva
Organized by InZone