Workshop 8: The role of knowledge in refugee and migration policy
Uni Dufour 362
- How is knowledge produced and used in migration policy?
- What are the main gaps in international migration statistics?
- How do statistics affect public policy?
- How is/should big data be used?
- How do policy-makers make sense of migration data?
- Which indicators exist / should be created to assess progress on the Sustainable Development Goals?
Speakers (please click on the speaker to read the bio):
- Stephan Scheel, London University
- Nando Sigona, University of Birmingham
- Ann Singleton, University of Bristol
- Ibrahim Awad, American University in Cairo
- Christina Boswell, Edinburgh University
- Machiel Salomons, UNHCR
- Natalia Popova, ILO
- Marie McAuliffe, Head of Research, IOM
- Julia Blocher, United Nations University
- Justin Ginnetti, IDMC Geneva
- Philippe Rekacewicz, visionscarto.net
- Gilles Dubochet, consultant
Moderator: Doris Schopper, University of Geneva