The first step to begin a PhD at the Geneva Observatory or ISDC
Here is a summary of the main administrative procedures to start a thesis. For more information follow the links or contact the persons indicated.
- Commitment and contract -- Livia Schnyder (Observatory) or Martine Logossou (ISDC) will guide you through the steps to take before and after your arrival.
- Work permit from Office Cantonal de la Population (OCP) -- see LS or ML
- Open a postal account (preferably) or a Swiss bank account (required to receive your salary) -- copy of passport / ID card and address in Switzerland are sufficient (Observatory or ISDC postal address possible)
- Register at the University -- procedure described here
- Conclude a health insurance (or provide proof of coverage of your insurance for Switzerland).
A must do within 3 months after your arrival -- see LS or ML
- Get your computer account and e-mail address -- ask your supervisor or your manager to complete the form available here (intranet only)
- See also information about the Ph.D.
- Good start... and thesis!
Page maintained by Daniel Schaerer and Livia Schnyder