- Symbiodinium dinoflagellates in soritid Foraminiferans
- Molecular phylogeny of vertebrates
- Molecular systematics of Foraminifera
- Origin and Evolution of Bats from the West Indian Ocean
- Phylogenomics, micropaleontology, and molecular dating
- Phylogeny and biogeography of an insular endemic moth radiation
- Phylogeny of Zoanthids
- Updating the tree of life: large-scale sequencing of key protist taxa
Updating the tree of life: large-scale sequencing of key protist taxa
Our lab is involved in a collaborating effort aiming at inferring the phylogenetic position of protist lineages that are yet of uncertain affinities. To achieve this, tens of thousand sequences will be generated with the newly available 454 sequencing technology.
At the moment, the list includes:
- Radiolarians (collaboration with Kamran Shalchian-Tabrizi and Kjetill Jakobsen from the Microbial Evolution Research Group in Oslo, Norway).
- Plasmodiophorids (collaboration with Simon Bulman from the Crop & Food Research Institute, Christchurch, New Zealand).
- Centrohelid heliozoans (collaboration with Miako Sakaguchi and Inagaki, from the University of Tsukuba, Japan).