The SSCN is a non-profit group of scientists, which was designed to:
- Foster interactions among scientists and between scientists and society
- Advance the discovery of basic molecular, cellular and organismic mechanisms of embryonic and adult stem cell functions in human and all model systems
- Encourage and support young scientists, minorities and women in science
- Provide the public at large with an informed and first hand view of current stem cell research
- Discuss important scientific and ethical issues arising from stem cell research
The SSCN does not support reproductive cloning.
10th SSCN annual meeting, June 4th, 2014
Venue: Faculté de Médécine (CMU, room A250), University of Geneva.
Organizer: Pedro L. Herrera
Co-organizer: Ariel Ruiz i Altaba
Students are strongly encouraged to participate. No inscription fees. Deadline for abstract submission (posters): April 15th, 2014. Four posters will be selected for a short oral presentation.
Confirmed invited speakers
- Didier Stainier, Director, Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Dept. III - Developmental Genetics, Bad Nauheim, Germany
- Shahragim Tajbakhsh, Stem Cells & Development, CNRS URA 2578, Dept. of Developmental & Stem Cell Biulogy, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
- Kirsty Spalding, Department of Cell and Molecular Biology, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
- Manuel Serrano, PhD, Director of the Molecular Oncology Program, Spanish National Cancer Research Center (CNIO), Madrid, Spain
- Jacob Hanna, Laboratory for Pluripotent Cell Studies, The Department of Molecular Genetics, Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel
- Timm Schroeder, Cell Systems Dynamics, Department of Biosystems Science and Engineering, ETH Zurich
- Yvan Arsenijevic, Head of the Unit of Gene Therapy & Stem Cell Biology, Service d'Ophtalmologie, Université de Lausanne , Hôpital Jules-Gonin , Lausanne
- Thierry Pedrazzini, Experimental Cardiology Unit, Department of Medicine, University of Lausanne Medical School, Lausanne
- Brigitte Galliot, Department of Genetics and Evolution, University of Geneva, Faculty of Science, Sciences III, Geneva
- Ariel Ruiz i Altaba, University of Geneva Medical School (CMU), Dept. Genetic Medicine & Development, Geneva