How to find us
Here are a couple of different maps for you to peruse. We've marked the landmarks discussed in the directions below. If all else fails, call us!
- by taxi to 4, boulevard d'Yvoy. Taxi fare from the airport will be ~40 CHF (~ 42 USD).
- by public transportation: take the train to Geneva main station and then (i) tram #14 towards "P+R Bernex". Get off at "Jonction" (9 minutes); or (ii) go to the other side of the church (the side you are facing is east, so go to the westside), and cross the street (it's big and busy). There is a bus stop for the #19. Take it to Sainte-Clotilde (see map) (get a free ticket for the whole trip from the machine in the baggage claim area). Walk to boulevard d'Yvoy (check the map).
- by train station we mean the main train station in town, not the one at the airport.
- by taxi as above, but this time it will cost ~20 CHF or less.
- by public transportation: see above (coming from the airport) except that you have to buy a ticket before you board the tram or bus.
On the freeway, as you approach the city, continue on to the exit "Genève-Praille" (it's past the airport and the city if you are coming from the north/east). Once the freeway ends, continue straight to the second set of traffic lights, make a right and continue straight to the open parking lot that will be on your left (see map). Walk over the bridge that crosses the river Arve and turn left straight to the University (about another 5 min of walking). There is also an open parking lot right next to the lab (access from Blvd d'Yvoy, next to Physics building), but it fills up more and may be more expensive.
Here is a list compiled by our colleagues from math.