Welcome to MZ 2.0 !
The core facility, MZ 2.0, is part of the Laboratoire de Technologie Avancée, and is managed by a steering committee formed by :
- Prof. Jean-Luc Wolfender (vice-dean of the Faculty of sciences),
- Prof. Howard Riezman (scientific director),
- Dr. Emmanuel Varesio (executive director),
- Dr. Sophie Michalet (manager),
- M. Bernard Schaller (administrator of the Faculty of sciences),
- Prof. Urs Schaltegger, (Earth and environmental sciences section, deputy : Prof. Vera Slaveykova),
- Prof. Nicolas Winssinger, (section of Chemistry and Biochemistry),
- Prof. Robbie Loewith (section of Biology, deputy : Prof. Thomas Schalch),
- Prof. Serge Rudaz (section of Pharmaceutical sciences, deputy : Prof. Jean-Luc Wolfender),
- Prof. Clément Mazet (section of Chemistry and Biochemistry).
The MZ 2.0 service platform is devoted to help researchers answering structural and quantitative questions by using mass spectrometry technologies.
We offer a wide range of MS analyses from inorganic area such as elemental speciation or multielement quantitation to organic area including studies of organic compounds, polymers, supramolecular systems or biopolymers.
|MS capability||Main application|
|GC-MS, EI/CI-MS||Small organic molecules|
|MALDI-TOF-MS||Routine MW determination|
|ESI-LRMS||Routine MW determination|
|ESI-HRMS||Elemental composition Publication of new molecules|
|ICP-MS / ICP-OES||Multielement quantitation, Element speciation|