Value Change in Switzerland (2010)
Lexington. (co-edited with Hanspeter Kriesi)
Financing Referendum Campaigns (2009)
London: Palgrave. (co-edited with Karin Gilland Lutz)
Domestic structures and constitution-building in an
international organization. (special issue of the Review of
International Organizations (2007) 2(2). (co-edited with
- Policy-making Processes and the European Constitution: A
Comparative Study of Member States and Accession Countries . (2006).
London: Routledge. (co-edited with Thomas König).
- Tax Evasion, Trust, and State Capacities . (2006).
Bern: Peter Lang. (co-edited with Nicolas Hayoz ).
Economic Models in Politics and Economics: A Dialogue
(special issue of the Revue suisse de science politique) . (2005)
(co-edited with Lars Feld).1
- Voices of Europe. Citizens, Referendums and European
Integration . (2002). Lanham, Md.: Rowman & Littlefield.
Nouvelles valeurs et nouveaux clivages en Suisse .
(2002). Paris: L'Harmattan (co-edited with Pascal Sciarini).
- Altering Party Systems. Strategic Behavior and the
Emergence of New Political Parties in Western Democracies .
(2001). Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press.
replication material and data
- Parties and Party Systems. A Bibliographic Guide to the
Literature on Parties and Party Systems in Europe since 1945 .
London: Sage (1998) (with Stefano Bartolini and Daniele Caramani).
Staatsreform (special issue of the Revue suisse de science
politique) . (1996) 2(2) (co-edited with Pascal Sciarini).
Data and replication material related to publications
- International conventions and non-state actors: selection,
signaling and reputation effects. (with Kristian Skedre Gleditsch, Livia Schubiger
and Julian Wucherpfennig) Journal of Conflict Resolution
- Consensus voting and similarity measures in IOs. (with Frank Häge) International Interactions
- Party pressure in the European Parliament. European Union Politics 2016 17(2)
replication files (very large file)
- Strategic behavior in parliament. (with Sarah
Bütikofer) Journal of Legislative Studies web-appendix
- Qualitative Comparative Analysis: How inductive use and measurement error lead to problematic inferencePolitical Analysis (2013) 21(2): 252-265.
- Preferences or blocs? Voting in the United Nations Human
Rights Council. (with Richard Lukacs). Review of International Organizations (2014) 9(1): 83-106 (abstract) (online appendix ) (replication material and online appendix )
- Elections and ethnic civil
conflict (with Lars-Erik Cederman and Kristian
Gleditsch). Comparative Political Studies (2013) 46(3): 387-417
(appendix, replication information:
group-level conflict data
- Federalism, the geographic location of groups, and conflict
Conflict Management and Peace Science (2012) 29(1): 92-121 (avec Thomas
- Selection Effects in Roll Call Votes. British Journal of Political Science (2010) 40(1) 225-235.
spss command file to prepate data and stata do file for analyses used
- Divided Government and the Ratification of the Amsterday
Treaty" in Robert Pahre (ed.) Democratic Foreign Policy Making:
Problems of Divided Government and International Cooperation 2006.
Palgrave (with Thomas König), 133-150.
data and Eurobarometer questions used
- The Political Effects of Referendums. An Analysis of
Institutional Innovations in Eastern and Central Europe
Communist and Post-Communist Studies (2005) 38(4) 475-499. replication information
- Multilateral Bargaining and
Referendums on the European Constitution. Paper prepared for
presentation at the ECPR General Conference, Budapest September
2005 appendix and DOSEI data used
- Selection Bias in Comparative Research: The Case of Incomplete Data Sets
Political Analysis (2003) 11(3) 225-274.
- In View of Ratification
Governmental Preferences and Domestic Constraints at the Amsterdam Intergovernmental Conference
International Organization (2002) 56(2) 23-36.
- Ratifying Maastricht. Parliamentary Votes on International Treaties
and Theoretical Solution Concepts
European Union Politics (2000) 1(1) 89-122.
- Referendums on European Integration.
Do Institutions Matter in
the Voter's Decision?
Comparative Political Studies (2000) 33(1) 3-36.