This pole has the objectives of :
- Allowing the acces of all scientific, educative, and administrative data at any time from any place, in a personnalized and secure way;
- Introducing an integrated approach to search and retrieve information and knowledge originating from a variety of sources within a variety of formats, while guaranteing a qualification of this information;
- Integrating the access to scientific and educative data within teaching and learning environments, for instance, the Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Adding value to the scientific production of the University by the setting-up of a institutional repository, which will facilitate the open access
- Provinding long-term conservation of data
Currently, the mulimedia server mediaserver allows the diffusion of capture courses and conferences (educative data).
Moreover, the institutional repository based on Fedora Commons and VTLS Vital technologies, is available since January 2009 (project realized in collaboration with the library). Concerning the architecture based on Fedora Commons, it must be noted that Fedora Commons recently associated with DSpace to create the new open source community DuraSpace.
We started to tackle the long-term data management issue based on the Noneycomb architecture (see for instance the poster " Anubis: Long-Term Preservation of Digital OER " presented at OAI6 in June 2009).