International theological conference: call for papers | 22-24 oct 2015
"Game Over" – Good or Bad News ?
Making Sense of Eschatology
University of Geneva, October 22-24, 2015
How does the Christian faith think the "end"?
From biblical perspectives to constructive systematic and ethical reinterpretations (including the visions of an “enhanced” human species) via historical studies of the Christian tradition broadly conceived, this conference seeks to raise anew the question of the meaning of “eschatology”.
Call for papers
Room and board (3-4 days in Geneva) will be provided to all participants.
Among the speakers
- Karen Kilby (Durham)
- J. Wentzel van Huyssteen (Princeton Theological Seminary-Stellenbosch)
- Andrea Boscoboinik (Fribourg)
- Jean-Pierre Dupuy (Stanford)
- Vincent Delecroix (Paris)
- Ulrich Luz (Berne)
- Johann Roduit (Zürich)
- Günter Thomas (Bochum)
- Christiane Tietz (Zürich)
- David Wilkinson (Durham)
- Michael Wolter (Bonn)
University of Geneva's Theological Faculty and the University of Geneva's Romand Institute of Systematic and Ethics in collaboration with the Swiss Society for Theology.
- Christophe Chalamet (prof. of systematic theology, University of Geneva)
- Andreas Dettwiler (prof. of New Testament, University of Geneva)
- Ghislain Waterlot (prof. of philosophy and ethics, University of Geneva)
Game Over | Colloque 2015