Leadership & Management course for group leaders
Pour la version française, cliquez ici.
This training, delivered by professionals in academic leadership and management (EMBO solutions, https://lab-management.embo.org/), aims to help you acquire the managerial skills necessary to carry out various academic missions, such as fundraising, managing a research group, producing new knowledge and publishing it, teaching, mentoring young researchers, administrative activities, and communicating with the media and the general public.
Given in English, this training, focused on the management of your research group, is based on the analysis of concrete cases, including your own, and addresses the following aspects:
- What is leadership? The role of the PI
- The impact of the work environment
- Which values in the work environment of my group?
- Emotion and communication
- How to give and receive feedback
- Team dynamics
- Generating and managing motivation within the team
- How to prevent and resolve conflicts
- Coaching as a leadership tool
- Preparing for a recruitment interview
At the end of this training, a certificate will be given to each participant. This certificate will have to be attached to the file of tenure, promotion, renewal.
All directors of research groups active at UNIGE are welcome.
The training takes place over 4 full days from 9:00 to 17:30 – maximum 16 participants per session.
Next sessions :
- From June 27 to 30, 2023
- From Sept 12 to 15, 2023
How to get more information and register:
For details on the registration procedure, on costs and organizational matters, we invite you to contact Maryline Primus (E-mail : ; tél. : 022/379.71.26 – out of work on Fridays).