COVID-19 and exam preparation: reception measures and conditions from April 12
From April 12, in order to improve work environment and to offer acceptable reception conditions during the revision period, the workplaces are once again reserved exclusively to the sole members of the UNIGE/HUG community. Multiservices cards will be checked to access the spaces. As a reminder, the Library is operating at 40% of its capacity due to the sanitary measures imposed on it. The number of places is therefore extremely limited.
External users will be able to borrow, consult and return documents on site. However, only holders of a multiservices card may use the workplaces.
The University of Geneva Library sites - Uni Arve (Sciences), Uni Bastions, Uni CMU and Uni Mail - are open to all according to the timetable available here.
As the exam revision period is expected to be very busy, it is important to systematically:
- Check the occupancy rate of the Library areas available on the UNIGE mobile application and on this dedicated page before you go . It allows you to see which site of the Library is the least crowded so that you can plan your working session accordingly. Tip: also consider the Battelle area, which has plenty of work space in a quiet setting.
- Wear a face mask at all times.
- Disinfect your hands when you enter the library and regularly while you are there.
- Keep your distance. Places marked with a cross are not available.
- Disinfect your workplace before and after use.
- Do not reserve seats. Show your solidarity!
- Display your multiservices card on the tables.
- Announce yourself to the agent at the entrances when you leave temporarily. A countermark will be affixed to allow you to return to your workplace. An exit is considered temporary if it doesn’t exceed 1 hour. If it lasts longer, you are requested to give up you place to other students who wish to access the areas.
- Eat only in the cafeterias, respecting the additional rules in force (notably distance and tracing).
To prevent theft, we also remind you not to leave your belongings unattended.
The group work booths are closed until further notice.
Thank you for your understanding.