Loan pick-up service and Digitization on demand
As part of the plan to partially resume activities at the University, the Library will provide the UNIGE community and HUG members with a "Loan pick-up" and a "extended digitization on demand" services starting on 11 May. These temporary services are being set up in compliance with UNIGE's Coronavirus Preventive Measures until the reopening of the spaces.
loan Pick-up SERVICE
Opening hours from May 12
Monday-Friday: 12pm-5pm (except public holidays)
From May 11th, users be able to:
- order documents via Explore (12 documents per day for a total of 20 borrowed documents for students and 40 for the academic staff/HUG). In case of any problem during the request, please consult the FAQ.
- pick up documents the next day at 12 noon (working days, excluding public holidays) at one of the following 6 pick-up points with your multiservice card :
- return documents during the Pick up loan opening hours.
Documents not picked up 3 days after the order has been sent will be back on loan.
Documents borrowed before 11 May can also be returned at the collection points.
For requests concerning the collections located in the Deposit of UNIGE Library, the documents are sent by shuttle bus to the collection points.
Library spaces and workspaces will remain inaccessible and no other services are provided on site.
This service is offered in accordance with Bibliosuisse professional recommendations.
Digitization on demand
The digitization service usually offered by the Uni Arve and Uni CMU sites is temporarily extended to collections excluded from loan of Uni Mail site and periodicals excluded from loan of the Uni Bastions site.
Starting on 11 May, in compliance with the Copyright Act, you will be able to:
- Make your digitization request (document excerpt: book chapters or articles) by filling in this online form (french only). It will be treated from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The digital copy of the excerpt is sent by email to the address you have indicated in the form.
Requests that do not meet the above conditions will not be completed and will be redirected to Explore for a Loan pick-up service.
May 6, 2020