CHILDHOOD - 30th Anniversary Webinars
As we mark the 30th anniversary of Childhood: A Journal of Global Child Research, we invite you to join us for the upcoming two webinars where we explore key topics related to our field of childhood studies.
Webinar #1: Research ethics in childhood research includes four eminent childhood researchers who will reflect on today’s key ethical challenges: how to navigate the tension between situated ethics prevalent in many childhood research and institutionalized approaches to research through protocols and regulations; how to recognize children’s contribution in research in a more and more pervasive digital environment that asks for stronger protection of children’s privacy; and how to create more space for ethical research that takes into account the social, cultural and structural realities and challenges that researchers encounter in the process of research.
Convening Editors: Karl Hanson and Spyros Spyrou
- Ginny Morrow, Visiting Professor at UCL Social Research Institute, UCL, UK and former Childhood co-editor.
- Anne Graham, Professor of Childhood Studies and Founding Director of the Centre for Children & Young People, Southern Cross University, Australia
- Jessica Taft, Professor of Latin American and Latino Studies, UC Santa Cruz, USA
- Mélanie Jacquemin, Senior Researcher, French National Research Institute for Sustainable Development (IRD), France (tbc)
Date and Time: MAY 11, 2023, 3:30-5:00PM (CET). Register for webinar #1 here
Webinar #2: Teaching ‘global childhoods’ in Childhood Studies bring into conversation four prominent scholars who, based on their teaching and research experiences, will explore: the theoretical and empirical framing of ‘global childhoods’, questions around intersectionality and positionality in teaching ‘global childhoods’, decolonization of curriculum and epistemological justice, and the role of Childhood Studies journals in fostering critical debates and scholarship around knowledge production, research, and training on ‘global childhoods’.
Convening Editors: Tatek Abebe and Sarada Balagopalan
- Afua Twum Danso-Imoh, Senior Lecturer in Global Childhoods & Welfare, University of Bristol, UK
- Anandini Dar, Faculty of Sociology and Assistant Professor, School of Education Studies, Ambedkar University Delhi, India
- Marek Tesar, Professor and Director of Centre for Global Childhoods, The University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Nicola Ansell, Professor of Human Geography and Programme Convenor of MA on Children, Youth, and International Development, Brunel University, UK
Date and Time: MAY 25, 2023, 11:00-12:30PM (CET). Register for webinar # 2 here:
Editors of Childhood
Tatek Abebe, Sarada Balagopalan, Karl Hanson and Spyros Spyrou28 avril 2023
Archive des actualités