Institution : ETH Zurich
Department : Department of Management, Technology and Economics
NCCR position : Post-doctoral Researcher
NCCR PI : Marianne Schmid Mast
NCCR most relevant publications
Schmid, P. C., Schmid Mast, M., & Mast, F. W. (2015). Prioritizing – the task strategy of the powerful? Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 68, 2097-2105.
Schmid, P. C., & Schmid Mast, M. (2013). Power increases performance in a social evaluation situation as a result of decreased stress responses. European Journal of Social Psychology, 43, 201-211.
Emotion and Gender under a Power Perspective
- Since August 2015: Assistant Professor, ETH Zurich
- July 2012 - June 2015: Post-doctoral fellow (SNF), New York University
- Jan. 2010 - June 2012: Post-doctoral fellow, University of Neuchâtel
- Sept. 2006 - Dec. 2009: PhD student in Psychology (SNF), University of Neuchâtel Thesis: "Toward a Better Understanding of the Mechanisms Underlying Accurate Emotion Recognition"
- May 2006 - Sept. 2006: PhD student in Psychology (SNF), University of Fribourg
- 2006: Licentiate in Psychology (Lic. Phil.), University of Bern Master thesis: "Mood-Congruity Effects: The Influence of Simulated and Induced Mood in Free Recall and Learning Process."
My current research focuses on the impact of social power social perception, decision-making, and goal pursuit.