International Summer School in Affective Sciences (ISSAS)
Emotions & Well being
July 7-15, 2022
Chateau de bossey, Switzerland
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the summer school has been postponed to July 2022. Please see our COVID-19 policy for further details.
ISSAS is organized by the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences (CISA).
The registration fee for ISSAS 2022 is 1’800.- CHF (slight changes depending on type of hotel room).
Partial fee waivers are available for a certain number of applicants whose applications meet specific criteria, as described below.
N.B. At the end of the application process you will be asked to upload, via a secured file browser dialog box, pdf copies of the following documents:
1) a letter of motivation explaining your specific interest in ISSAS 2022 (1 page),
2) your Curriculum Vitae (2 pages maximum including any publications),
3) a letter of recommendation from your advisor (1 page),
4) a copy of your identification card or passport (1 page)
Applicants for a visa waiver will also have to upload
5) proof of the funding that you have received/been denied from third-parties (home institution AND national funding program, combined into 1 pdf document only),
6) proof that you have applied for funding from third parties (home institution AND national funding program, combined into 1 pdf document only), and date when you expect to hear from them.
Please note that all of these documents must be in pdf format. Please make sure that these documents are ready on your desktop before you start the application process.
Important dates :
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the summer school has been postponed until July 2022. Our new important dates will be announced via email and on this website in due time.
TBA (at 23:59 of your local time)
July 7-15, 2022
Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
Applicants will be asked to pay registration fees of 1’800 CHF (slight changes depending on type of room chosen).
These fees are used to cover part of the expenses related to accommodation, board and organization during the school. However, we believe lack of funding should not prevent good candidates from participating. For this reason, a number of partial fee waivers are available from the Swiss Center for Affective Sciences. Anyone wishing to apply for a fee waiver must do so at the time of application for the summer school and following a specific procedure (described below). No waivers can be awarded to people who do not apply for one when they apply for the summer school.The number of waivers and the waived amount will depend on the number of requests received, and will be decided on a case by case basis. An offer of a place at the summer school will include information about the participant’s application for a waiver, if one was submitted.
Applicants who are self-funded and do not wish to apply for a waiver, please jump to the application survey. For those who would like to apply for a waiver, please read the policy very carefully below. Failure to follow the process correctly will result in no waiver being awarded.
Please notice that to apply for a waiver from us at ISSAS, you are required to:
(1) Send us the result (acceptance/rejection) of your funding applications with your home institution AND national funding program,
(2) proof that you have already applied for funding with your home institution AND national funding program, and the date when you expect to hear back from them.
If at the time of application you cannot yet provide answers from your funding agencies, please send them as soon as they are available.
Given the large number of anticipated applications, only those applications that have been successfully completed in accordance with these guidelines will be processed. Thank you for your understanding.
We thank you for your interest in ISSAS.