Senior Researcher, Coordinator Music & Science
Institution : University of Geneva
My research interests include the study of behavioural and brain bases of human interaction in musical emotional contexts.
My background covers scientific, humanistic academic studies and high-level musical training. - EHESS (Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales) MSc, in Cognitive Science, CNSMDP (Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique et de Danse de Paris) MSc. in Music and Acoustics, Sorbonne-Paris IV MSc. in Philosophy. I completed my Phd in computing engineering at University of Genoa (dir: Prof. Camurri).
I was research fellow at Casa Paganini – InfoMus Intl Research Centre of University of Genoa from 2009 to 2013.
Chairman of Club NIME 2008, INTETAIN 2011 and Sysmus13 International conferences on music and new technologies. I have been awarded the Prix pour la Vocation by the Bleustein-Blanchet Foundation and the Declic Jeunes award by Fondation de France for my pedagogical projects on music and science.
I work as a scientific collaborator at University of Geneva with Prof. Didier Grandjean.
In parallel, I teache “interactive multimedia” at Conservatorio Paganini (Genoa) and “statistics” at faculty of Psychology (Univ. of Genoa).
- Glowinski, D., Baron, N., Shirole, K., Ott, T., Torres-Eliard, K., Rappaz, M.A., Grandjean, D. (2014) Analyzing expressive styles and functions of bodily movement in violinist performance.. International Workshop on Movement and Computing , .
- Bracco, F., Chiorri, C., Glowinski, D., Hosseini Nia, B., Vercelli, G. (2013) Investigating Visual Discomfort With 3D Displays: The Stereoscopic Discomfort Scale.. CHI ’13 on Human Factors in Computing Systems , .
- Glowinski, D., Mancini, M., Cowie, R., Chiorri, C., Doherty, C., Camurri, A. (2013) The movements made by performers in a skilled quartet: a distinctive pattern, and the function that it serves.. Frontiers in Psychology - Auditory Cognitive Neurosciences 4, .
- Noble, K., Glowinski, D., Murphy, H., Jola, C., McAleer, Ph., Darshane, N., Penfield, K., Kalyanasun-daram, S., Camurri, A., Pollick, F.E. (2014) Event Segmentation and Biological Motion Perception in Watching Dance. Art & Perception , .
- Ausilio, A., Badino, L., Glowinski, D., Camurri, A., Fadiga, L. (2013) Sensorimotor communication in professional quartets. Journal of NeuroPsychology 104, .