Research interests | Functional specialization and integration of the basal ganglia in human emotional processing using, as study models, the invasive techniques of deep brain stimulation and stereo-electroencephalography associated to behavioural (neuropsychology) and physiological (iEEG and functional imagery) studies in both CNS pathologies (Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, depression, epilepsy etc.) and neurologically healthy participants.
Clinical research interests | Effects of deep brain stimulation of basal ganglia on cognition, emotional processes and social cognition in CNS pathologies (Parkinson’s disease and related disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, depression, etc.).
For more information and the exhaustive list of my publications, see: http://cms.unige.ch/fapse/neuroemo/people/julie-peron/
- Péron, J., Dondaine, T., Le Jeune, F., Grandjean, D., Vérin, M. (2012) Emotional processing in Parkinson's disease: A systematic review. Movement Disorders 27(2), 186-199.
- Péron, J., Frühholz, S., Vérin, M., Grandjean, D. (2013) Subthalamic nucleus: a key structure for emotional component synchronization. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews 37, .
- Péron, J. (2014) Does STN-DBS really not change emotion recognition in Parkinson's disease? . Parkinsonism and Related Disorders 20, .
- Péron, J., Grandjean, D. (2014) What does human intracerebral recording tell us about emotions? [Editorial of the eponymous Special Issue]. Cortex 60, .
- Péron, J., Cekic, S, Haegelen, C., Sauleau, P., Patel, S., Drapier, D., Vérin, M., Grandjean, D. (2015) Sensory contribution to vocal emotion deficit in Parkinson's disease after subthalamic stimulation. Cortex 63, .