As of Monday 16 March and until further notice, all libraries are closed. Workshops and on-site training in the libraries are suspended. Loan periods are extended until June 2020 to avoid undue fines. Remote support for researchers is reinforced:
Temporary access to a wider range of digital resources, available 24/7
- Access our collections of e-books, journals, newspapers and magazines, articles, databases, videos, films, music, etc. here (only accessible with VPN). You can also access these resources by discipline;
- To find free or Open Access digital resources, use the tips here;
A team on hand to answer your questions
- For all general questions, use this form (French only);
- For bibliographical questions, contact Aide à la recherche;
- Make an appointment to discuss your query with the contact person for your discipline via Zoom, telephone or institutional chat (CISCO Jabber);
- You can continue to request digital materials via the designated form (French only).
Continued support for publishing Open Access
- Specialist librarians are providing remote support regarding the dissemination and preservation of your Open Access research;
- Responses to your questions by email;
- Management of funding requests to the UNIGE Scientific Publication Fund;
- Help submitting your publications to the UNIGE Open Archive;
- New! The procedure for submitting PhD theses has changed and is now done entirely online.
Ongoing support for data management
- Support for managing research data is provided remotely by a designated team of librarians:
- Contact our team to have us re-read your Data Management Plan before you submit it to the SNSF;
- Information and advice about tools for preserving and archiving your research data are available online.
Training adapted for online teaching
- On the training page, you will find a list of the upcoming Rendez-vous de l’info scientifique and Workshops. They are now offered in the form of webinars, as are DMP workshops;
- The e-learning platform InfoTrack is particularly suited for distance-learning and gives students guidance on writing academic papers (selecting and researching a topic, writing a bibliography, advice for avoiding plagiarism, etc.).