A Phd Code has been elaborated and discussed within the University. It provides a framework for the relationship between the PhD student and the supervisor. The PhD Code is the result of discussions involving the different actors of doctoral training within the University of Geneva.
The PhD code was validated by the Rectorate in May 2022. The essential elements of this charter are the following:
- A framework that promotes a stimulating, open and positive work environment
- A space for meaningful reflection for quality research
- A follow-up allowing a fulfilling development of young researchers
- Clarification of the conditions under which the thesis will be carried out
- Encouraging the development of a culture of common responsibility