Senior Lecturer at the University of Geneva since 2013
Cornell University, Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology 1998-2002
Cornell University, M.S. in Natural Resources 1995-1998
McGill University, B.Sc. with Honors in Biology 1990-1994
Collège Claparède, High school diploma in Science, Geneva, Switzerland 1985-1989
Ecosystem Services, Masters in Environmental Sciences (with Juliet Fall and Anthony Lehmann)
Sustainable Finance, Masters in Environmental Sciences (with Philipp Krueger)
Ecosystem Services, a tool for Sustainable Development. MOOC available on Coursera platform (with Juliet Fall and Anthony Lehmann et al.)
- Schlaepfer, M.A., J.D. Olden, and D. Sax. 2011. The potential conservation value of non-native species. Conservation Biology 25: 428-437
- Halpern, B.S., C.R. Pyke, H.E. Fox, J.C. Haney, M.A. Schlaepfer, and P. Zaradic. 2006. Gaps and mismatches between global conservation priorities and spending. Conservation Biology 20: 56-64
- Schlaepfer, M.A., C. Hoover, and K. Dodd, Jr. 2005. Challenges in evaluating the impact of the trade in amphibians and reptiles on wild populations. BioScience 55: 256-264.
- Schlaepfer, M.A., M.C. Runge, and P.W. Sherman 2002. Ecological and evolutionary traps. Trends in Ecology and Evolution 17:474-480.
- Schlaepfer, M.A. and T.A. Gavin 2001. Edge effects on lizards and frogs in tropical forest fragments. Conservation Biology 15:1079-1090.