Why Geneva?

6. End of exchange

Transfering credits

To receive your transcripts, you must give the address of your home university's international office to the Student's Office of your exchange faculty at UNIGE.

It is also possible to change your address via your student portal: portail.unige.ch

>mon UniGE

>données de contacts



If you have worked during your exchange
You may be eligible for tax credits on taxes that were deducted directly from your salary if your income is less than around CHF 16,000 for the year.
Contact the Career Centre before leaving Switzerland.

If your have not worked during your exchange
You may receive a letter from the Cantonal Fiscal Administration regarding taxes. If you do, simply disregard the letter.

Returning your resident permit and Certificate departure for your health insurance


) If you hold a Swiss insurance policy: no earlier than one month prior to your departure, go to  OCPM (Geneva’s population and migration office) with ‘formulaire D’ filled out and request an ‘attestation de départ’ (departure attestation: cost CHF 25) that you will send to your Swiss health insurance company before your departure.

2) If you hold a private foreign insurance policy valid in Switzerland: before leaving Switzerland, send your ‘formulaire D’ to OCPM (Geneva’s population and migration office).