Where to get information
International Academic Exchange Week
The International Academic Exchange Week will take place from October 2 to 6, 2023. Organized by the Academic Exchange Office, this event will be animated by several events and will have as its mission to provide information on exchange programs, the registration procedure, the possibilities of financial support, courses and exams offered by the Maison des Langues and the possibilities of internationalization while remaining in Geneva.
For more information
The Academic Exchange Office is pleased to inform you that an Outgoing Exchange Information Session will take place on Tuesday March 21, 2023, from 12:15 to 14:00, room MR290. The session is intended for first-year students, but are open to anyone interested in going on an exchange from the 2024-2025 academic year onwards.
The aim of this session (which will take place every year at the same time) is to inform you as of Spring about exchange possibilities in one of our partner universities, language tests by the Maison des Langues and the financial aid that may be available, which will allow you to start preparing your application in a more serene manner, for example by anticipating the language exams.
As part of the initial step to prepare your exchange request application to the University of Geneva, Ms Isabelle de Vinck, Exchange Counselor, is available to answer all your questions:
- Information on the different exchange programmes (collaboration agreements, SEMP, Coimbra, Swiss Exchange Programme);
- Guidance in choosing the destination and the duration of the exchange;
- Information on scholarships, administrative procedures, how to register for an exchange, etc.
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this advice in order to optimise your choice of destinations and your chances of being selected.
Once you have been allocated your destination, the person responsible for your programme will contact you to give you the information you need to ensure that your mobility goes smoothly. This person is your contact person from that moment on, he/she is the official link between you and the partner institution and will give you the necessary information and support for:
- The compilation of necessary documents for your final application to the host university;
- The procedure for registering with the partner institution;
- The deadlines to meet;
- The possible granting of a scholarship;
- Answers to any question related to your future or current mobility.
Academic questions (study plan, period authorised for mobility, etc.) are to be dealt directly with the academic advisors in the faculties.