Uni-Pignon bureau 609
Boulevard du Pont d'Arve 42
I am currently a PhD candidate at the university of Geneva and work with Prof. Ur Shlonsky and Dr. Julie Franck. Previously, I studied English Translation at Khorasgan Azad university of Esfahan, Iran, for my Bachelor's degree, and did my first Master's in General Linguistics at the same university. I also have a Master’s degree in Research in Linguistics from Utrecht university, the Netherlands, and obtained a postgraduate degree of Certificate of Specialization from Geneva university.
What interests me is how syntactic complexity affects linguistic processes such as comprehension and production. To address this question, I work, particularly, on syntactic operations such as wh-movement and subject/object agreement and my goal is to pin down the detailed characteristics of these operations and consequently to assess their effects on online and offline processing. My research lies on the interface between theoretical syntax and experimental psycholinguistics and the language that I work on is my native language, Persian.
- Mirdamadi, F., Shlonsky, U., & Franck, J. The role of object marker –ra and lexical restriction on the acceptability of extraction across wh_islands in Persian. Proceedings of the 41st Incontro di Grammatica Generativa conference, University of Perugia, Italy.
- Mirdamadi, F. & De Jong, N. The effect of syntactic complexity on fluency: Comparing actives and passives in L1 and L2 speech. Second Language Research, 31: 105-116.
- Mirdamadi, F., Villata, S., Shlonsky, U., & Franck, J. Experimental judgment on multiple wh-questions in Persian. Talk given at 9th Days of Swiss Linguistics international conference, Geneva University, Switzerland.
- Mirdamadi, F., Franck, J., & Shlonsky, U. Multiple wh-movement and Superiority in Persian. Talk given at 9th Days of Swiss Linguistics international conference, Geneva University, Switzerland.
- Mirdamadi, F., Franck, J., & Shlonsky, U. Grammar-based or Processing-based account: a case of multiple wh-questions in Persian. Talk given at PSSP conference, HSE University, Moscow.
- Mirdamadi, F., Shlonsky, U., & Franck, J. The Persian Object Marker –ra and its effect on wh-object fronting. Poster presentation at the 41st Incontro di Grammatica Generativa conference, University of Perugia, Italy.
- Mirdamadi, F. Grammar-based account vs. processing-based account of weak-islands: a case study of Persian wh-object fronting. Presentation at variaformea winterschool, Macolin, Switzerland.