Research Projects - Limnology and Environmental Geology
On going projects:
Investigating the potential of intracellular mineral inclusions (micropearls) in microorganisms as a novel bioremediation method
- Funding : Gebert Rüf Stiftung
- UniGe Responsibles : Daniel Ariztegui, François Barja, Montserrat Filella
- PhD student : Inés Segovia Campos
- Partners :
SEDFATE - Sediment fate in a changing watershed during the Anthropocene
- Funding : SFN sinergia programme
- This project explores the human impact on erosion and fine sediment transfer in the Upper Rhône drainage basin, from the sediment sources to their main final deposition in Lake Geneva.
- UniGe Responsibles : Jean-Luc Loizeau – Stéphanie Girardclos
- PhD student : Tiago Adrião Silva
- Partners : Uni Bern, Uni Lausanne, ETH Zurich
NOTICE - Network on technology-critical elements - from environmental processes to human health threats
- Funding : Cost action (European Cooperation in Science and Technology
- This project will create a network of scientists working and interested on technology-critical elements, from an environmental perspective to potential human health threats.
- UniGe Responsible : Montserrat Filella (vice-chair of the action)
- Partners : Institutions from 22 countries
- Funding : CIPEL (Commission Internationale pour la protection des eaux du Léman)
- Distribution of micropolluants in surficial Lake Geneva sediments and risk assessment of their transfer to zoobenthos.
- UniGe Responsible : Jean-Luc Loizeau
- Partners : CIPEL, Swiss Centre for Applied Ecotoxicology (EPF Lausanne), Environmental Office (Canton de Vaud)