The laboratory of ecology and of aquatic biology offers some services including:
- Expertise on fresh water ecosystems (assessement of ecological quality,impact of various disturbances and pollutions): plant communities (vascular hydrophytes, Charophytes) and animal (aquatic macro-invertebrates).
- Taxonomic expertises on groups of aquatic organisms of fresh water (plants, insects, molluscs).
- Environmental assessement at the municipal level.
- Expertise in sustainable water resource management at the watershed and municipal scales.
- Expertise in the implementation of the sustainable development at the municipal level (Agenda 21).
- Database, collections
- Reference collections (herbarium hydrophytes, samples of benthic invertebrates) -.
- Development of red lists of threatened aquatic plants in Switzerland (Charophytes, Hydrophytes).
- Database on hydrophytes (in development) and Charophytes of lakes and ponds of Switzerland.
- Documents of general and aquatic ecology, of plant systematics (hydrophytes and Charophytes) and animal (invertebrates)...
- Public conferences on topics:
- Present state and perspectives of Lake Geneva
- Water Charter of the Lake Geneva region
- Resource management in water and sustainable development
- Sustainable development - agenda 21
Contact: Emmanuel Castella