CAS IoT Security and Privacy
- Acquire a multidisciplinary education on the IoT with cutting edge experts from the European research and industry ecosystem
- Develop skills and expertise combining academic knowledge with business expertise
- Encourage the pooling of experience and knowledge between peers and with stakeholders to develop innovative approaches
- Build a professional network in the area
- Acquire a strategic view of the security issues of IoT encompassing technological, societal and business dimensions
- Identify critical issues and manage solutions related to IoT strategy design and implementation
- Adjust one's own professional practice with insights from the programme
- IoT Security
- IoT Privacy and Personal Data Protection
- IoT Information Management System
Prof. Dimitri KONSTANTAS, Computer Science Centre (CUI), University of Geneva and Sébastien ZIEGLER, IoT Forum & Mandat International
The Master thesis will comprise an assessed written work.
Each module will be evaluated by the participants in order to identify potential improvements.
Participants who successfully complete the programme of the CAS will be awarded:
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Fundamentals / Certificat de formation continue en Fondamentaux de IdO
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Networks and Standards / Certificat de formation continue en Réseaux et standards de IdO
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Security and Privacy / Certificat de formation continue en Sécurité et confidentialité de IdO and/or
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Applications / Certificat de formation continue en Applications de IdO
Delivered by the Centre universitaire d’informatique (CUI) of the University of Geneva.
Each CAS equates to 12 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits.
- At least Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to speak and write in English
Number of participants
The total registration fees for the MAS refers to the maximum training time (4 semesters). It is set for each edition by the Steering Committee. These fees do not cover the personal expenses of students, nor travel costs, accommodation costs and insurance. For the first edition, which will begin in October 2017, the registration fees will amount to:
- CHF 17,500.- for the MAS
- CHF 5,000.- for each CAS
Participants who have obtained the four CAS over a period of time of three years can apply to the MAS with a complementary registration fee of CHF 2,500.
Each CAS (12 ECTS credits) can be attended individually and be credited in the MAS programme in a period of 3 years. Each CAS will comprise 3 thematic modules, followed by an individual work and/or an examination test.
Some modules may be attended individually, on request.