Short course Chronic Diseases in Humanitarian Contexts
Period4 May 2020 - 8 May 2020
Registration deadline20 April 2020
Total fees: CHF 1’500.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There are no available scholarship for this programme.
- Explain the concept of chronicity and identify the main chronic diseases, with a particular focus on non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
- Identify and assess the extent of NCDs in a specific context
- Conceive a programme to address the needs of people with NCDs during a humanitarian emergency
Professional from other sectors who wishes to deepen his understanding of the contemporary humanitarian action and understand how to transfer his acquired competencies in that sector
- Chronic Diseases: Issues and Challenges
- Non-communicable Chronic Diseases in Emergencies
- Assessing the Needs, Setting Priorities
- Designing an NCD Programme Integrated within Existing Health Programme/System
- Models of Care for NCDs
- Monitoring and Evaluation of NCD
Prof. Doris SCHOPPER, Geneva Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action (CERAH), a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
- Capacity of critical, reflective and strategic thinking and analysis.
- Be fluent or have a very good level in English. A proof such a TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS Certificate or other certificate is required.