Short course Dialogue with Communities
Period27 April 2020 - 1 May 2020
Registration deadline13 April 2020
Total fees: CHF 1’500.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There are no available scholarship for this programme.
- Describe the role of dialogue to facilitate the design and success of project implementation and apply a real accountability towards affected populations
- Master the concepts of Dialogue with Communities, Community Engagement, Communication with Communities (CWC), Participation, Accountability, IEC, Acceptance & Perception
- Analyse the impact acceptance and accountability concerns have on project implementation
- Define a framework of monitoring and evaluation of communication in a process of community engagement
Professional from other sectors who wishes to deepen his understanding of the contemporary humanitarian action and understand how to transfer his acquired competencies in that sector
- Information Needs of the Affected Population
- Intercultural Communication
- Management of Rumors and Risk Communication
- The Use of Information Technologies
- Participatory Video
- Monitoring and Evaluation DWC
Prof. Doris SCHOPPER, Geneva Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action (CERAH), a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva
Using lectures, case studies and discussions, the general objective of the seminar is for participants to acquire the tools and skills adapted for effective communication in humanitarian settings.
- Capacity of critical, reflective and strategic thinking and analysis.
- Be fluent or have a very good level in English. A proof such a TOEIC/TOEFL/IELTS Certificate or other certificate is required.