Short course Fintech
To obtain Certificate of Participation: CHF 4,500 per course, CHF 11,000 for three courses
To obtain Certificate of Participation with ECTS credits: CHF 4,600 per course, CHF 11,300 for three courses
- Offer participants a comprehensive understanding of fintech, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and big data
- Expose participants to the most recent and advanced financial technologies
- Provide tools and frameworks for entrepreneurs to apply financial technologies to their businesses
- Prepare participants for the challenges fintech is bringing in their career
• Entrepreneur who intends to learn the newest technology
• Individual who works in finance related industries
Participants will walk away with:
- An in-depth understanding of fintech, blckchain, and other financial innovation technologies
- A wide range of tools and frameworks to launch new fintech ventures and to build better financial service firms
- A wider global network with like-minded bankers, entrepreneurs, and individuals
- A close study with world leading professors from University of Geneva, MIT, Cornell, and Imperial College London.
Three 3-day courses:
1. FinTech - Business, Finance and Technology
2. Blockchain and Cryptocurrencies
3. Finance and Big Data
Prof. Roni MICHAELY, Geneva Finance Research Institute (GFRI), University of Geneva
Organized in three short courses which deliver ECTS credits, the goal of Fintech Program is to develop a comprehensive understanding of fintech, blockchain, cryptocurrency, and big data in finance, to learn more about the future trend of cutting-edge technologies. UNIGE professors and guest lecturers from leading universities will prepare participants for the challenges fintech is bringing in their career.
The course provides an overview of the most significant technological advances that are radically changing the industry, focusing on AI and Blockchain. We will analyze how these technologies create value in the financial industry by lowering frictions — from unit processing cost, through asymmetric information and network effects.
The course provides a crash course in modern cryptography, and next applies tools from cryptography to introduce students to the main ideas underlying cryptocurrencies and blockchains.
This course is not only about getting a big picture of the landscape of big data, but also how to breach this cutting edge technology into traditional finance. The course will expose students to the most popular techniques dealing with big data problems in finance. At the end of course, students should be familiar with main challenges of big data in finance and be provided a toolkit to deal with them. They should also be able to interpret the findings in light of the new theories.
For the participants who will earn credits: Certificate of participation with 3 ECTS credits
Participants may be able to use the ECTS credits to enroll in a Certificate of Advanced Studies in a later stage.
Participants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Working experiences in financial institutions or related industries
- Undergraduate university degree or equivalent
- Strong command of both spoken and written English