Short course Advocacy for Humanitarian Projects in Health
Period6 January 2020 - 10 January 2020
Registration deadline23 December 2019
Total fees: CHF 1’500.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There are no available scholarship for this programme.
- Elaborate an advocacy plan to support programmatic objectives in medical humanitarian interventions
- Define the principal steps for implementation of the advocacy plan
- Choose the appropriate methodology for advocacy efforts according to the targeted audience
Professional from other sectors who wishes to deepen his understanding of the contemporary humanitarian action and understand how to transfer his acquired competencies in that sector
Post-graduate student with internship experience who wants to work in humanitarian action
- Identification of Priority Health Intervention
- Wash in Humanitarian Emergencies
- Food Security and Nutrition
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Sexual Violence
- Mental Health
- Risk of Epidemic Diseases
Prof. Karl BLANCHET, Geneva Centre for Education and Research in Humanitarian Action (CERAH), a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
Using lectures, case studies and discussions, the general objective of the seminar is for participants to acquire the tools and skills adapted for effective advocacy of humanitarian interventions in the area of health.
- Capacity of critical, reflective and strategic thinking and analysis.
- Excellent command of English.