MAS LL.M. in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS)
PeriodSeptember 2018 - August 2019
- Provide the opportunity for in-depth study of all aspects of dispute settlement in the international arena, across the divide of public and private, with an emphasis on today’s most relevant fields such as commercial and investment arbitration, and ICJ and WTO dispute settlement procedures
A typical curriculum includes:
- 2 general courses providing a comprehensive overview of international dispute settlement
- 8 intensive courses from a choice of 14 (on topics such as International Investment Arbitration, WTO Dispute Settlement, Arbitration in the United States and Negotiation)
- 2 optional courses drawn from a list of about 30 relating to international dispute settlement
- Weekly tutorials held in small groups
- Workshops on Legal Writing, Mediation, Witness Examination, and Financial Damage Analysis
- Several high-profile public lectures and specialized seminars specifically organized for the programme
- Conferences in Switzerland and abroad
- Career Services
- Visits to arbitral institutions in Paris and The Hague
- LL.M. Thesis
Prof. Laurence BOISSON DE CHAZOURNES, Faculty of Law, University of Geneva
Diploma delivered jointly with
To be considered for the program, applicants must have received, or expect to receive by the summer of 2018, at least a first complete law degree (such as a Bologna Master’s degree, a J.D. or an LL.B.) or another academic quali cation deemed equivalent by the Program Directors.
Number of participants
Tuition fees for the 2019-2020 program are set at CHF 25’000.
To confirm the enrolment in MIDS, admitted students must pay a non-refundable deposit of CHF 500.- within two weeks after they are informed about their admission. This amount will be credited towards the tuition fees.
The remaining tuition fees are payable in three instalments according to the following schedule:
- CHF 2’500.- by 27 May 2019
- CHF 11’000.- by 16 August 2019
- CHF 11’000.- by 31 October 2019