MAS Microinvasive Aesthetic Dentistry
Période1 septembre 2019 - 30 juin 2021
FormatEn présence et à distance
Délai d'inscription31 mars 2019
CHF 50'000.- for the full two-year programme
- Deepen theoretical and practical knowledge acquired during the baseline studies and develop more advanced knowledge and skills in restorative dentistry
- Develop the theoretical basis for a microinvasive approach in conservative dental treatments, i.e. aiming for a minimum of intervention and optimal preservation of healthy dental tissues
- Develop excellence of practitioners in private practice in the field of aesthetics microinvasive dentistry
- Understand up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge presented in aesthetics-related dental literature and know how to use them for achieving higher dental aesthetics, in both posterior and anterior areas
- Organize dental treatments as a whole: master the latest diagnostics tools (photography, X-ray, Diagnocam, Digital Smile Design, etc...) and know how to select the most appropriate treatment for each patient
- Mastering theoretical knowledge of other specialties related to esthetic dentistry, such as prevention and emergency care, pedodontics, endodontics, periodontics and implantology, orthodontics and maxillofacial surgery, prosthodontics and gnathology
- Coordinate all types of reconstructions, whether simple or complex, whether related only to conservative microinvasive dentistry or to multi-disciplinary rehabilitations, then requiring the intervention of other specialists with or without the contribution of specific laboratory procedures
- Supervise treatments, including the relations with one or more other specialists while integrating professional ethics and fair financial management
The teaching is given in French and English.
- 3 specific modules: basic, specialised I and specialised II (attendance mandatory)
- 3 oral biology modules (on-site or via distance learning)
- Wednesday seminar and Journal Club (on-site or via distance learning)
- Continuing education courses (on-site or via distance learning)
- 8 pieces of documented practical work (on site or in an accredited private institution)
- 10 documented clinical exercisess (on site or in an accredited private institution)
- Master thesis and publication
Prof. Dr. Ivo KREJCI, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
The MAS programme consists of on-site courses at the University of Geneva, distance learning and practical work (at the candidate private’s office or at the University of Geneva). The teaching is given in French and English. It is sanctioned by intermediate and final examinations and allows the acquisition of 60 ECTS credits.
Méthodes d'enseignement/modalités pédagogiques
The Management Committee conducts assessments of theoretical knowledge (using multiple-choice questions) and practical skills (based on evaluations) throughout the course in addition to the interim examinations. Students must pass the assessments and technical aspects of the first basic module in order to continue with the course.
The final examination covers the whole of the programme. Theoretical knowledge is assessed orally and practical work is submitted electronically (CD). Work must be published in a scientific journal relevant to the field of study. Evaluations are graded on a scale of 0 (zero) to 6 (excellent). An average of 4 must be achieved.
- Federal degree in dental medicine (Diplôme fédéral de médecin-dentiste) or a qualification considered equivalent
- Good knowledge of oral and written French and English
Applications must be submitted by 31 March 2019 and will be assessed by the Management Committee.
Détails sur la finance d'inscription
CHF 50'000.- for the full two-year programme.
Internal candidates practising at the CUMD at the University of Geneva should contact Dr. Doglia for further information on registration fees and asmissions criteria.
The teaching is given in French and English