Short course Media and Humanitarian Action
Period3 May 2021 - 7 May 2021
Registration deadline19 April 2021
Total fees: CHF 1’500.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There is no available scholarship for this programme.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the media landscape (global & local) and the opportunities and challenges it presents to humanitarian organisations
- Analyse the impact of the digital media revolution
- Analyse the limits and constraints of relations between the media and humanitarian organisations
- Use the media as a strategic communications channel to support humanitarian programmes and operations
- Prepare and give an effective media interview (broadcast, print, online)
Professionals working in the communication, or journalism fields who wish to gain specific knowledge of humanitarian interactions with media before changing their professional career towards humanitarian action.
Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a postgraduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
- • International media landscape and challenges
• The use of digital media at field level
• Journalists- aid actors interaction
• Traditional media: Between independence and instrumentalisation
• Making of humanitarian news: Media training
Prof. Karl BLANCHET, Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies, a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
- CV (Résumé)
- Scanned copy of passport
More information about the admission process can be found on our application page.