Short course Humanitarian Project Cycle Management
Period22 March 2021 - 23 April 2021
Registration deadline8 March 2021
Total fees: CHF 1’500.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There is no available scholarship for this programme
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand the aim and process of an assessment and conduct a problem analysis using the problem tree
- Plan a project and its monitoring system using the logical framework
- Program activities using the Performance and Evaluation Review Technique, Gantt chart and table of resources
- Monitor activities, results and risks
- Understand the differences between monitoring and evaluation as well as your role as a project manager
Professionals from any other sectors (private, academic, etc) and graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience who wish to increase their understanding of project management in the humanitarian field.
Structure of the course
You will work on a case study to build a project as we go through the various courses covering the entire project cycle.
The emphasis is put on practice and experience sharing. You will have the opportunity to discuss about and reflect on your professional situation with the group and the trainer.
Prof. Karl BLANCHET, Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies, a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
Through a case study, participants will experiment the full project cycle. They will work in small groups and join plenary sessions to revise their progress. Using their current knowledge and additional inputs from the group and the trainer, they will test the various tools and see how an intervention unfolds from the assessment to the evaluation of the results.
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Scanned copy of passport
- A passport photo (.jpg format).
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.