Short course Designing an Advocacy Strategy for Humanitarian Action
Period26 April 2021 - 30 April 2021
Registration deadline12 April 2021
Total fees: CHF 1’500.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There is no available scholarship for this programme.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understanding of the different objectives and steps of an advocacy strategy
- Ability to analyse a context in order to design an advocacy strategy
- Capacity to design an advocacy strategy using tools and methods seen in class.
• Professionals working in the communication, advocacy or journalism fields who wish to gain specific knowledge of humanitarian advocacy before changing their professional career towards humanitarian action.
• Graduate students with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a postgraduate course with a view to entering the humanitarian sector.
• Concept clarification, limits and constraints of advocacy
• Step by Step approach for advocacy
• Stakeholder mapping
• Group work on case studies
• Practical experiences of advocacy experts
Prof. Karl BLANCHET, Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
Using lectures, case studies and discussions with professionals in humanitarian advocacy, the general objective of the seminar is for participants to acquire the tools and skills necessary to develop an effective advocacy strategy in support to operational humanitarian projects.
- CV (Résumé)
- Scanned copy of passport
More information about the admission process can be found on our application page.