CAS IoT Applications 2022
- Acquire a multidisciplinary education on the IoT with cutting edge experts from the European research and industry ecosystem
- Develop skills and expertise combining academic knowledge with business expertise
- Encourage the pooling of experience and knowledge between peers and with stakeholders to develop innovative approaches
- Build a professional network in the area
- Identify critical issues and solutions related to IoT strategy design and implementation
- Acquire a holistic view and understanding of the IoT ecosystems and deployments
- Know on technologies supporting IoT
- Adjust one’s own professional practice with insights from the programme
- IoT Market, Value Creation and Business Models
- Smart Cities and other IoT Application Domains
- IoTathon - Use-case Design and Deployment Exercise
Prof. Dimitri KONSTANTAS, Computer Science Centre (CUI), University of Geneva and Sébastien ZIEGLER, IoT Forum and Mandat International
The Master of Advanced Advanced Studies (MAS) in the Internet of Things (MAS-IoT) is co-organized by the University of Geneva, the IoT Forum and Mandat International. The programme includes the Certificate of Advanced Studies (CAS) in IoT Fundamentals, the CAS in IoT Networks and Standards, the CAS in IoT Security and Privacy and the CAS in IoT Applications.
The Master thesis will comprise an assessed written work.
Each module will be evaluated by the participants in order to identify potential improvements.
Participants who successfully complete the programme of the CAS will be awarded:
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Fundamentals / Certificat de formation continue en Fondamentaux de IdO
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Networks and Standards / Certificat de formation continue en Réseaux et standards de IdO
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Security and Privacy / Certificat de formation continue en Sécurité et confidentialité de IdO and/or
Certificate of Advanced Studies in IoT Applications / Certificat de formation continue en Applications de IdO
Delivered by the Centre universitaire d’informatique (CUI) of the University of Geneva.
Each CAS equates to 12 ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System) credits.
- At least Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
Number of participants
The total registration fees for the MAS refers to the maximum training time (4 semesters). It is set for each edition by the Steering Committee. These fees do not cover the personal expenses of students, nor travel costs, accommodation costs and insurance. For the first edition, which will begin in October 2017, the registration fees will amount to:
CHF 17,500.- for the MAS
CHF 5,000.- for each CAS
Participants who have obtained the four CAS over a period of time of three years can apply to the MAS with a complementary registration fee of CHF 2,500.
The thematic modules will be delivered within a regular academic year, from September to July. By default, each Module will be organized over two periods of two days, on Friday (14:00-21:00) and Saturday (9:00-14:00/21:00), to facilitate the participation of professionals. Complementary activities, such as laboratory and group works will be part of the programme. The master thesis will be written and submitted by the participant during the subsequent semester.
Each CAS (12 ECTS credits) can be attended individually and be credited in the MAS programme in a period of 3 years. Each CAS will comprise 3 thematic modules, followed by an individual work and/or an examination test.
Some modules may be attended individually, on request.