MAS Digital Dental Technologies
PeriodOctober 2024 - October 2026
Registration deadline31 March 2024
Discounts available for groups of min. 2 participants
- Acquire sufficient knowledge to financially manage and sucessfully promote a digital dental office
- Master the use of digital dental technologies, from 3D optical impression to digital manufacturing (planning of treatments, communication, execution and finalisation of treatments)
- Benefit from digital dental technologies for dental and medical findings, monitoring, treatment planning and its 3D virtual visualization, esthetic simulation and guided implant surgery
- Learn about digital procedures for the creation of orthodontic aligners, removable prostheses and accessory appliances like night guards and sleep apnea devices
3 modules: basic, specialized I and specialized II (on-site presence required)
Master thesis and publication
Prof. Dr Catherine GIANNOPOULOU and Prof. Dr Irena SAILER, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
Session 1 | The digital practice
- Structure of the MAS
- Overview of technologies and applications
- Business & Marketing aspects
- Practice organization
- Vision to the future
- Photography and initial documentation
Session 2 | Acquisition and treatment planning
- Dynamic acquisition
- Aesthetic treatment planning and augmented reality
- Simple chairside restorations
- Digital aligning technologies
Session 3 | Guided surgery and 3D printing
- Introduction to 3D printing
- Implant planning
- Implant supported restorations and advanced CAD/CAM restorations
Session 4 | Full rehabilitations
- Severely worn dentition and VDO increase
- Digital technologies in removable prosthodontics
Session 5 | Digital complements
- Digital complements (sleep apnea, bruxism)
- Advanced 3D printing
- Guided endodontics
Session 6 | Exam
- Final exams and case presentations
- On-campus practical and theoretical learning.
- Distance learning via online courses, journal clubs and discussions with clinical supervisors.
- Clinical cases to be documented and presented.
- Federal degree in dental medicine (diplôme fédéral de médecin-dentiste) or qualification considered as equivalent
- Good knowledge of written and oral English
- Prof. Dr Catherine Giannopoulou, Co-director, Division of Regenerative Dental Medicine and Periodontology, CUMD Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
- Prof. Dr Irena Sailer, Co-director, Division of Fixed Prosthodontics and Biomaterials, CUMD Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
- Dr René Daher, Coordinator, CUMD Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
- Prof. Dr Ivo Krejci, Co-founder of the programme and Expert in Digital Dental Technologies
- Prof. Daniel Wismeijer, Expert in Digital Dental Technologies, The Netherlands
- MDT Vincent Fehmer, Expert in Dental CAD/CAM, CUMD Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva
CHF 47'000.- for the full two-year-programme, payable in three instalments.
(CHF 20'000 at admission, CHF 13,500.- after 6 months, CHF 13,500.- after the first year).
Please contact us for more details about specific registration discounts for groups of 2 or more participants.
- 6 on-campus practical four-day sessions. Three sessions per year, 8:30-17:00, including breaks.
- Weeky online four-hour courses and clinical case discussions. Fridays, 13:00-17:00
- Weekly online one-on-one case discussion with the clinical supervisors.