Who are the UNIGE continuing education programmes designing for?

The MAS, DAS and CAS programmes are first and foremost aimed at individuals holding at least an undergraduate degree and who have relevant professional experience. In some cases, applicants holding equivalent qualifications and proven professional experience may also be admitted. Other programmes that do not lead to a degree are open to a wider audience, but may also be subject to admission requirements. Please refer to each programme’s page for more detailed information. See here for all the programmes >>

I am not Swiss and I do not live in Switzerland – can I sign up for a UNIGE continuing education programme?

UNIGE continuing education programmes are open to all professionals who meet the admission requirements. In addition, UNIGE has an international outlook and offers a large number of continuing education courses via distance learning and/or in English, as well MOOCs.

How much do continuing education programmes cost at UNIGE?

The cost of continuing education programmes varies depending on the type and length of the course. For more detailed information, please refer to the programme pages.

Am I eligible for financial support for my continuing education?

In Geneva, the cantonal act on continuing education means people who meet certain criteria can receive an annual education grant (chèque annuel de formation) for up to three consecutive years. These grants cover the costs of courses that are useful for your professional development. Apply for an annual education grant online (in French):

Programme directors and coordinators are available to discuss payment options. Please get in touch with the programme’s contact person to find out more. Find  a programme here >>

If I follow a UNIGE continuing education programme, will I be granted student status?

Only people following a MAS programme or another programme worth at least 60 ECTS credits are enrolled at the University of Geneva. This means other participants do not have student status.

I don’t speak French – can I enrol in a continuing education programme at UNIGE?

Yes, UNIGE offers a wide range of programmes in various fields in English. UNIGE also offers distance learning programmes.

I saw that you get ECTS credits for the continuing education programmes – what are they?

ECTS credits indicate the amount of work, based on the learning outcomes defined and the associated workload. One ECTS credit represents approximately 25 to 30 hours of work, in the form of lectures, seminars, practical work, projects, exams or individual study. The European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS) was developed to make it possible to compare courses in universities in Switzerland and the EU. For more information, refer to the ECTS Users' Guide

I would like to follow a continuing education course but I’m not sure which one –what should I do?

Have a look at the page “Documents and useful links”, where you will find links to career guidance services.

I do not have a university degree – can I still take a continuing education class at UNIGE?

In some cases, people with equivalent qualifications and proven professional experience may also be admitted. Please refer to the programme pages for more information. Find  a programme here >>

Is there an age limit for signing up to UNIGE continuing education programmes?

UNIGE continuing education programmes are open to professionals of all age groups. As an indication, the average age of participants is 40.

Is it possible to study certain modules rather than a whole programme?

It is possible to take individual modules within certain programmes. Please refer to the specific programme pages for details. A degree will not be awarded if you only take certain modules, though you may be able to acquire ECTS credits depending on the number of effective work hours completed and provided you have passed all relevant assignments.

My degree is from a foreign university – can I follow a UNIGE continuing education programme?

UNIGE has a diverse and international student body. We regularly admit foreign students who hold degrees from non-Swiss or non-European universities into our programmes. Please contact the people in charge of the programme you are interested in directly for more information. Find  a programme here >>

Les termes utilisés pour désigner des personnes sont pris au sens générique; ils ont à la fois la valeur d'un masculin et d'un féminin.