Virtual Development Economics Seminar Series Returns
The Virtual Development Economics Seminar Series (VDEV) will commence its 2021 program on Tuesday 2 March with a presentation by Nancy Qian from Northwestern University.
Launched in 2020 and supported by the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR), this prestigious seminar series gathers internationally recognized scholars in Development Economics in a virtual format on Tuesdays at 5 pm. It is organized by Giacomo De Giorgi, Professor, and Director of the GSEM Institute of Economics and Econometrics; with Martina Björkman Nyqvistof the Stockholm School of Economics; Gianmarco León-Ciliotta of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Barcelona GSE; and Karen Macours of the Paris School of Economics.
Following Nancy Qian, the line-up of speakers is:
- 16 March: Rema Hanna (Harvard Kennedy School)
- 30 March: Asim I Khwaja (Harvard Kennedy School)
- 13 April: Nava Ashraf (London School of Economics)
- 27 April: Claudio Ferraz (University of British Columbia)
- 11 May: David Atkin (MIT)
- 25 May: David Yanagizawa-Drott (University of Zurich)
- 8 June: Robin Burgess (London School of Economics)